Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Organic Housekeeping

Got time to read? I've been catching up on reading while I eat my lunch and right before bed and my newest purchase is a book called Organic Housekeeping by Ellen Sandbeck. It is filled with tons of timesaving and health related ideas for cleaning and organizing.

The first chapter that I have been applying to my house is the kitchen. Inspired by what I read I am cleaning out all of my cabinets. My husband and I bought our Christmas gift to each other this past weekend...no more carcinogens in our foods! That's right, we bought all new stainless steel pots and pans. I'm ridding the kitchen of teflon. I'm also ditching as much plastic as I can. Plastic wrap will be replaced with waxed paper; tupperware is out and glass is in. All plastics that do not have a 2 or a 5 in the recycle triangle are outta here.

There are many more changes that I want to make, but it is so overwhelming. I'm taking it a little at a time and hopefully our house will be healthier and safer for it. I'll keep you updated on the changes as I make them.

No comments: