Thursday, October 16, 2008

Etsy Pick

Here is my Etsy pick of the week. Isn't it nice that we can use the internet to communicate (and shop!!) worldwide...



1. Tell us a little about yourself…what you make and sell, where you sell, who you are, etc.

I am Irish and was born and raised in Co. Dublin Ireland. I go by the name enyaeire but my real name is Amanda. Enya is an Irish singer and Eire is Gaelic for Ireland so I put them both together and come up with the name enyaeire. I have many interests and of course crochet being one of them. I also like to etch glass and knit. I love everything to do with Celtic Art. I forgot to mention that I am known to be very witty yet there again most Irish people are.


2. How did you get started with crafting and selling?


I knew how to knit as growing up in Ireland they used to teach us how to in primary school. I started crocheting one day when a very good friend of mine from Co Sligo Ireland showed me how to. That was about 10 years ago and ever since I am hooked. I also find it very relaxing. I sell my items on Etsy and also in my job. Word of mouth has helped a lot.


3. What do you enjoy most about your craft?

I really enjoy coming up with different designs that I always add an extra touch to. It is a great feeling inside when you see you final product. All my designs I do myself and have never worked off a pattern. Once I line up the stitches, everything just seems to fall into place itself



4. Describe your creative process…what inspires you?


When I go to the store I head straight to the wool aisle. I never get a basket and always end up with more than I can carry to the cash registrar. The colors inspire me along with the quality of the wool. For me the thicker the wool the better. Growing up in Ireland I always loved the Aran knit sweaters and of course I still do. When I find the wool I get an image in my head of what I am going to do next.

5. What other interests do you have?

I love horses, the mountains and nature, cooking, wine tasting and being with my husband on the weekends. I love classic rock music and all the good things that life has to offer.

6. What do you think of the handmade movement?


I am all for it and I am often in awe when I see the amount of talented people on Etsy. Esty should have their own TV Channel to promote all the wonderful talent.

7. Is there anything else you would like the public to know?
All my creations are made from the heart and I hope them to touch many hearts.







Thanks for participating Amanda. If you would like to see Amanda's shop visit http://www.enyaeire.etsy.com/
Good luck and God bless!

No comments: