Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Green Progress

Here's an update on my progress of going green. I found the fels naptha soap! Unfortunately, it is only sold in bar form. Yes, I grated a bar of soap. No, I will never do it again. The recipe (1 cup fels naptha, 1/2 cup washing soda and 1/2 cup borax) works really well and it smells really good. However, the grating is just way too time consuming. I plan on trying a ready made detergent that is chlorine, phosphate, fragrance and dye free. I believe Arm n Hammer makes a good detergent. I am also still cleaning my bathroom with vinegar and baking soda and loving it! And am trying to remember that there is nothing that soap and warm water can't clean.

The main problem I am having with going green is the price tag attached! They can hike up the price just because they can put "organic" or "eco-friendly" on the package. I would love to buy all organic food and all natural soaps and cleaners but I can't afford it. Oh well, perhaps when I win the lottery...I guess I would have to play the lottery first!

1 comment:

Rich said...

There must me a machine that will grind up that bar ;-)